Saturday, September 22, 2007

aarrgghh.. those technical glitches!!

Registered myself with 2checkout.com last sept 12, but till now still unable to sell online from my first website keceramics.com. I expected to automatically see their logo in my e-shopping section a few hours after setting up my account.. but after some enquiries with them, I was told that some things in my existing set-up need to be adjusted and integrated with their systems!!

These are what I don't like.. coz I don't understand anything about technical systems or integrations!! aaarrgghh.. but I immediately forwarded their responses & advices to my web-designer to follow up on this, but it's been more than a week.. mmm.. another thing that I dislike: dependency on others who cannot respond as fast as I wanted them to!! :(


Hey Rosmah? what are you rushing for?? I'm just worried that these little glitches would dampen my spirits and I may take less and less interest to pursue and complete my IT-goals.. I've actually set a time-limit: by the end of 2007 these issues would be resolved and I can start seeing real (sale) results:

1. online selling of my 40-items direct from keceramics.com via 2checkout.com
2. online selling of same products (if I'm allowed to?) through eBay.com (USD-markets)
3. online selling of ke-kualalumpur-GIFTS (giftpack sizes) through eBay.com
4. online selling of ke-FACTORY (bulkier stocks) through eBay.com
5. finally set-up my eBay store after accumulating enough positive feedbacks from eBayers who bought my products from above 2, 3, 4 exercises!! yaayyy..
6. online selling of ke-FACTORY (bulkier stocks) locally through lelong.com.my should these items become problematic to send overseas..

Simple goals, huh?? but not-so-simple setting-up processes.. at least for IT-cluts like me.. :(


I've been an 'alammaya' in eBay since 3rd sept 2007 but I only attempted to list my products for sale last Monday 17th sept. Yes, if you'd like to be a seller to the whole wide world.. you'd have to put your credit card on storage/record with eBay.. which took me a few hours to finalise! Then you'd have to list your product by filling in their product forms whick took me almost one day to complete because I checked out all their guidelines to make sure I'd do everything correctly!!

And as I was about to publish my first listing.. another page came up to suggest that I should also apply for PayPal.. which I agreed to do.. but as I clicked on PayPal.. zoom!! evrything went blank!! I back-paged to find my almost-completed first product listing which I spent almost one day to fill in.. but it was nowhere to be seen!! My streamyx connection suddenly went kaput?? Oh my.. the internet connection did go kaput on me!!!

I was sooo frustrated and disheartened.. and started sms-ing dear hubby to get that former school-friend of him who is now TM's big bos Datuk Abdul Wahid Omar (yes, I'm dropping big names now) to improve and enhance streamyx connection in Bukit Beruntung!! Then almost immediately after that, I went to sleep for 2 straight hours.. merajuk lorr.. :(

These setbacks are draining my energy.. I know these are just small hiccups, but they still drain up my spirits.. When people merajuk.. they'd ignore the issues that are bothering them for a while, a few days.. so yes, I avoided eBay listing for the whole week!! Tak mau kawan with you.. :((((

The truth is: I'm angry with myself!! Where is my patience? my perseverance? Aarrgghh..


4 comments:

east43street said...

If merajuk you are getting older. Will get younger if no merajuk. As for paypal, it is very difficult to set up from Malaysia, as explained by Azwan Hadzree in his blog. Probably Bank Negara still resists paypal linking. But he pointed the way around it. Please visit his blog. Otherwise you may have to set up a current account in Singapore of UK to link to your paypal accounts. So, no merajuk and good luck.

The Ceramic Designer said...

yeah, i've known there are some problems with paypal.. infact that was one of the reasons I backed off from pursuing eBay 3yrs ago.. but I've been reading lately, yes on azwan's as well.. there're 'loopholes' somewhere and some malaysians have been using & withdrawing from paypal w/out any problems.. I still don't know how/what but I thought I'd open the account first and figure out later!! Or else, i'd use the accumulated funds to buy things until i figure out the ways to withdraw! very sanguine of me??

eh, no more merajuk now.. needed to get that off my chest ;)

merapuman said...

i dont sell any products, not yet though, so, i'm nor sure how to help but if you have been to one of those online business seminars, this part should be in right?

anyway, you already got your goals and targets set, it shouldn't be a problem as you already know what you want. not many people can do that. just that it part. executing is important and if the person in charge cant do it fast, change them. u r paying for it, right? unless they r doing it for you for free :)

The Ceramic Designer said...

i need to get my e-shopping section integrated with 2checkout systems.. of which my PAID web-designer still cannot do.. a nice man who is slowly getting on my nerve coz he promised and promised to do it but still.. i'm trying not to get heated up coz he's handling both my websites and i'd prefer to work on long-term basis with my 'support-systems'..

will give him a few more days..? mmm..