Sunday, September 16, 2007

have you heard of DealDotCom ?

Yesterday was Saturday.. hubby took the day off and slept in till 11am and right after he woke up, he spent most of his time reading the papers, watching tv and playing playstation. My eldest brought down some of her books and stayed all day in the guestroom studying and revising for her soon-to-come PMR-exams. My second daughter was strangely not so active coaching her brother to play this and that, infact when I came down checking on them she was fast asleep on the sofa. And my dear son was busy following my maid around watering the garden, chasing after the cats and making a mess wherever he went. It's fasting month.. nothing else to do when we cannot eat, huh..??



And me...?? I was checking my emails, then tried to finish off my last blog-post but somehow my brain wasn't working right.. It was approx. 3pm.. past our normal lunch time and maybe my empty tummy was blocking my train of thoughts..?? So i started reading other blogs by simply clicking the 'next blog' on top of the blogger's page and suddenly came across Vancouver-based http://www.johnchow.com/ , one of the world's (?) 50 most highly-paid bloggers. Too much to read on his site but I noted his August monthly earnings, the bulk of which came from affiliate-programmes. But remember? My initial interest to blog and make some money was shelved a few weeks ago as the harsh reality struck me: I still have my products to sell.. so girl, stay focused on selling your own products!!



But then JohnChow was writing about DealDotCom a soon-to-be-launched internet company selling IT-related stuff. I was bored and was just browsing killing my time and continued clicking on the website.. and suddenly i was laughing and laughing as I read their introductory page and subsequent pages!! Those people behind the new set-up really have very good sense of humour, thus I found myself instantly drawn and attracted to be a part of their set-up, by hook or by crook..



DealDotCom will be selling IT-related items at great deal prices to help you grow and manage your internet-business. One different item to be sold at a great deal price for each day of the year, 365days per year. Yes, I may need these items!! And they also have affiliate-programmes!? Mmm.. me thinks I should register for this programme so that I could learn more about how to run my business and earn some money as well, right?? I could even learn how to offer my own affiliate-programmes to sell my products later, ehh??

As immediately as I signed up as an affiliate partner, I contacted my net-guru Irfan Khairi, azwanhadzree the awesome blogger and some other contacts in my list. I was still unsure what I was supposed to do next but I proceeded to provide them my links and was eagerly anticipating the amount of sales commission that I'd get coz these people, compared to small me, are really connected to much bigger masses of potential buyers.

I stayed till 3am doing my 'invites'.. and continued the next day as soon as I got up.. and by the time I checked up with DealDotcom approximately 24hrs after signing up with them.. I discovered that the 'invites' that I had sent out consisted of the wrong 'link'..!!! Aaaaaarrrggghh...!!!!! How stupid can I be??

DealDotCom is my very first affiliate-partner, therefore I expected to make some grave and stupid judgements.. but to make it so soon after I started...??!! When I was all pumped up, passionate to my core, with strings of adrenalin rushes all over my body, excited to explode...???

I'm so much sober now.. it's not my rezeki yet, so let it be.. let it be.. unless irfan, azwan and others are still not signed up but reading my blog instead by chance..?? Can you guys just click on my real link, here..??? Haha.. just trying my luck.. ;)

By the way.. DealDotCom is to be launched soon on tuesday 18th september 2007.. hurry, hurry guys.. early birds would get the most benefit.. yes?

3 comments:

merapuman said...

we r supposed to learn from mistakes, so dont forget next time :)

oh, this is my other blog.

merapuman said...

but i have told you that already right? silly me

The Ceramic Designer said...

yeah yeah yeah.. i'm learning.. :(
by the way i've put myself into your blog-community.. yes, the pasu is me the potter planner..