Tuesday, September 25, 2007

i'm a domain-parker..??

I purchased these two domain names from GoDaddy.com yesterday, just in case I might need them in the future.. or as JohnChow was writing recently: to sell them at a greater profit later!! But these names are closely and very personally related to me.. so why would I want to sell them later...???

What is a domain-parker or a domainer, by the way?? Yeah, yeah, yeah.. I read fully what JohnChow was writing.. but it doesn't interest me at this time. The names I requested were available for sale and I just clinched them before they'd become unavailable later.

www.rosmahyaakub.com SHOULD belong to me right?? Except for najib's wife rosmah mansor marrying her daughter off to some singer fazley bin yaakub.. no other rosmah yaakub was displayed at the top portion of my google searches..

ceramicdesigner.com was already taken up, so I requested and bought www.theceramicdesigner.com and by a nice coincidence it matches my updated blogger-identity here in blogspot!! Not many people know RosmahYaakub.. so I thought TheCeramicDesigner would be more user-friendly, keywords-friendly, google-friendly, etc-friendly..

I'm not building the websites for a while to come.. but with some freebies given during the purchases, I've been able to write very brief introductions which include my emails and website addresses there. Good enough for me at this time!!

This morning I went browsing and printed the web-pages: a little note underneath my address say: this .com domain is parked free, courtesy of GoDaddy.com... I'm unsure what it means, but I'm happier, regardless... ;)

1 comment:

ipv6 said...

why not www.rosmahyaakub.my?
definetly reflect malaysian identity..